Microsoft Excel 2007: New Features
Course length: 0.5 day(s)
Software: Microsoft® Office Excel 2007
You have worked with Microsoft® Office Excel® 2003, and you now need to be aware of the additional features in the latest release of the software for improving the management, presentation, and distribution of your spreadsheets. In this course, you will work with the new and enhanced features in Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007.
Course Objective: You will be introduced to the new features in Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
Target Student: This course is designed for experienced Excel users who have worked with earlier versions of Microsoft Office Excel, ideally Microsoft Office Excel 2003, and who have upgraded to Microsoft Office Excel 2007.
Prerequisites: Students enrolling in this course should understand how to use some version of Excel, preferably 2003, and have some familiarity with the Internet. This course covers the commonly used new features for a typical user. Due to the nature of this course and the minimal prerequisites, there are other more advanced new features that are not covered in depth.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the new and enhanced Microsoft Office Excel 2007 environment.
- organize data in Excel worksheets using enhanced tables and table formats.
- analyze Excel data by applying enhanced conditional formatting, and generate specific information using the sort and filter options.
- present Excel data using enhanced charts and illustrations, as well as work with the enhanced options of PivotTables and PivotCharts for conducting selective analysis.
Lesson 1: Exploring the Excel Environment
- Topic 1A: Explore the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Work with the Ribbon
- Topic 1C: Work with Contextual Tabs
- Topic 1D: Use the Excel Galleries
- Topic 1E: Customize the Excel Interface
Lesson 2: Organizing Data
- Topic 2A: Explore the Enhancements in Excel 2007 Spreadsheets
- Topic 2B: Insert Tables
- Topic 2C: Format Tables
Lesson 3: Analyzing Data
- Topic 3A: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic 3B: Sort Data in a Spreadsheet
- Topic 3C: Filter Data in a Spreadsheet
- Topic 3D: Apply a Formula
Lesson 4: Presenting Data
- Topic 4A: Create Charts
- Topic 4B: Format Charts
- Topic 4C: Work with Illustrations
- Topic 4D: Create PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Topic 4E: Share Excel Charts
- Topic 4F: Save Data in Presentable Formats
Appendix A: New Features in Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Appendix B: Enhanced File and Compatibility Features in Microsoft Office Excel 2007
|Microsoft® Office Excel® 2007 - New Features.pdf||98.22 KB|